Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Significant Award

Well, apparently I spoke too soon.
In my last post, I mentioned that during my lifetime I only received "insignificant awards," such as:
Well, I am happy to inform all of you that since that post, I have received a "significant award" that has nothing to do with my freakish jumping skills:
or the fact that I am a towering inferno of beauty:
My calculated plot to take over the blogging world is finally starting to take root.   (Something sinister won't plant itself).
My pal over at Randoom Blog! has so graciously passed on the Liebster Award to me! I would like to thank him because this is the second award he has given to me.  If I understand awards, and I am pretty sure I don't, you must reasonably deserve them.  I feel that there are so many more deserving  blogs than mine, but will accept it with gracious humility.

So, like other "Liebster"  recipients before me, I will accept it properly according to the rules:

1.  Link back to the person who gave you the award.  Please show your love to my friend over at Randoom Blog!.  He is a very funny fellow and I love reading his posts!

2.  Pick 5 deserving people and notify them on their blogs.

This was my conundrum.  I don't feel comfortable at all picking from so many great blogs! It has to be blogs with less than 200 members so that narrows it down a bit.


Making important decisions is not something you can run away from like paying your cell phone bill or a crying baby.
I actually have to do something! So, I sat down and had to choose from over a hundred blogs that I love and have narrowed it down to 5:

    I.  Pickleope.com--He makes me smile, makes me laugh and is a great commenter on my posts.

   II.  Stephanie at Claybaboons.com--She does with clay what I do with drawings only she is good at it.  She has something that is very original and she is actively involved in my blog.  Thank you Stephanie!

  III.  Youngmanbrown.com--I just love him.  He has a dire seriousness about his posts, yet trims it with funny.  I don't event think he does it on purpose and I see so much potential in this blog.  By potential, I mean he's awesome!


  IV.  mayorgia.blogspot.com--She makes me laugh...a lot!  Also, very good about commenting on my blog.

   V.  Brett at transformednonconformist.blogspot.com--I love how Brett describes the ongoings of his day.  Maybe I am just nosey or maybe it is how he pulls me into his little world and keeps me there.  Check him out!

Like I said, the worst part is that I couldn't choose you all, because I would have.  You have become my second family and I love how you accept me and my blog into your lives.

3.  Post the award on your blog and spread the love.

Well, to you five, I am passing this lovely award onto you for you to place on your blog and I hope it means as much to you as it does to me.


And as for the crying babies, just remember that they are here for one purpose and one purpose only and that is to replace us all. submit to reddit

45 comments:

  1. Congrats on your award. Your blog is light and funny. Love it!!! And I always wondered why we had babies. Now I know. They are our replacements! Thanks for your visit.

    dreamweaver

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes, I always wondered about babies myself...I finally figured it out! Glad to have you on board!

      Delete
  2. Aww thanks! And congrats on your award!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, thanks for both the award and for the very kind words about my blog!

    Damn, I don't know who I am going to pick... you already stole a couple of my front-runners...

    I will most likely share the good news with my readers on Friday :)

    And congrats to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks and I need to check out Part II of your post. I am really into it now!

      Delete
  4. Congrats on your award, and the five very worthy people you picked!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This guy who passed the award on to you has good tastes ;-) I just love your blog. I'm going to check out the ones you mentioned too - it's always nice to have blogs recommended. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love to read and there are so many great blogs out there, I stay busy! Hope you enjoy the new ones!

      Delete
  6. Congratulations! I love your posts. There is something about them that is comforting, like sitting down to a familiar book. Once again, congrats :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I was hoping people are reading my blog!

      Delete
  7. it is always fun to win an award, congrats and congrats to those you have passed it onto. Some of my fave bloggers in that list

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks and yes there are some great blogs and people out there. Gotta love it!

      Delete
  8. Congrats. I love your blog and now I love a few more

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! Thank you very much. Congratulations to you and now, to ME! The only question, what does "Liebster" mean? I'll have to check out the other obviously worthy blogs.
    Thank you again.

    ReplyDelete
  10. loved the blogs you picked out! We've been reading the same stuff and I've just met you?! Pleasure to meet ya lady. You blog is now part of my mornings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, glad you enjoy reading and yes, they are all great blogs!

      Delete
  11. Here's a *slap on the back* for the award! Better clear off a shelf to start storing them on! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I appreciate the comment and only hope for a few more awards!

      Delete
  12. Congratulations! Just remember. Be careful what you wish for. Like a million dollars. This might be the time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! A million dollars would suit me just fine right about now!

      Delete
  13. Congrats!! I'm loving this blog more and more each day & you deserve a huge pat on the back for bravely putting yourself out there.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Replies
    1. I love your blog and how original it is. You need an "Originality Award!"

      Delete
  15. Thank you and thank you for being a part of my little world here!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congrats!! I do enjoy your blog and think you are definitely deserving of this award.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congrats on your award! I think I won one recently too.

    ReplyDelete
  18. STRONG WORK WOMAN!!! You do deserve for reals...not for fakes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! You are always so supportive and amazing!

      Delete
  19. Thank you for the plug and the kind words. I am a fan of your blog and it is an honor to be considered worth reading by someone I find to be so funny. I will pass the award on sometime this week.

    Thank you again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am feeling pretty awesome right now. I passed the award on in today's posts. Thank you again.

      Delete
  20. Congratulations on the award there. As for the babies, by running away from them when they cry, they learn to become more independent and take better care of themselves. Ultimately, by abandoning a baby, you teach it to be more awesome when it's older.

    That's what I'll tell the judge at least.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I am always looking for new blog referrals. Heading over there now...

    ReplyDelete
  22. I don't know, I think not getting head lice is pretty worthy of an award. Congrats on the recognition and acknowledgement that your "calculated plot to take over the blogging world is finally starting to take root."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I actually have quite a few "insignificant awards" to boast of! Life is good...

      Delete
  23. Congratulations on your award! With pictures like the ones you drew on this post today, I am not surprised you've been honored. Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Why, thank you! And I suppose I could sell my artwork and make millions. That is an idea!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Read the one about gator and wetlands. No good deed goes unpunished. Loved your blog and pics. Haven't tried to blow up any federal building for a long time. An accordion and an alligator. It's such a common sight. I can't understand the uproar.

    ReplyDelete